Water-cut panels, anybody else want in on a batch order?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gjbloom 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

gjbloom
    Participant

I received this quote from NorthWest Wire EDM for waterjet-cut panels in 1/4″ Masonite:

Gregory,

Sorry for the delay, I have Mondays off. The cost of your batch of parts will be $125 plus shipping. FYI, the cost would drop considerably if you ordered 3 or more sets, since most of the cost is in handling! 3 sets would cost you about $225 plus shipping. Let us know what you think. Lead time is about 2 days right now.

Thanks for the opportunity to quote your parts, Eric, NWWEDM 509-893-0885

Anybody else want to go in on a set?

Chris
    Keymaster

@gjbloom, this is a great deal. Thanks for posting!

xvpower
    Participant

I am definitely interested, is there an easy way to contact you?

gjbloom
    Participant

Sure – you can write me at Gregory dot Bloom at gmail dot com.

I plan on waiting until next Friday (April 30th) before ordering to see if anyone else wants in.

Taylor
    Keymaster

All,

This sounds great! One thought: Some users have been having trouble accessing the layers within our CAD files. You may want to check one more time that this company isn’t charging you for only a fraction of the total number of panels. If the price is indeed for the whole set, I don’t think you’ll find a better deal anywhere.

gjbloom
    Participant

@Taylor – Thanks for the caution. Sadly, NWWEDM confirmed that the quote was for sheet #1 only. Whatever software they’re using evidently doesn’t do layers. I’ll see if I can bust it into seven separate dxf files (unless you already have each sheet broken out?).

gjbloom
    Participant

Well, turns out a ballpark for all 7 sheets is $800 plus shipping. They also said a laser cut would be a lot sharper for this material (masonite). $800 is too rich for me. (Dang – it sure was sounding good there for a while).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.