Request / Help: Plans as full size jpg or suggestions for doing so ?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  colinr 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

colinr
    Participant

Hello, I am very interested in building this cnc machine however I no longer have access to a large plotter to print the plans and laser cutting in my area is nonexistent and having parts cut and shipped is much to expensive for my needs.

The one thing I do have is time and a steady hand and wish to cut the parts on my scroll saw, router table and whatnot myself.

I am having some problems converting the cad files to a full size jpg image so I can cut them up in photoshop and print them on 8.5×11 and piece them together and start cutting.

Would anyone have any suggestions on how to do this conversion?

I’ve tried a few online solutions via googling but keep getting the entire plan as a small overview for 8.5×11 and not to full scale.

I’m a bit green when it comes to cad and any help is appreciated.

Very excited to start building,

Cheers,

-Colin.

Chris
    Keymaster

Colin, not sure what program you’re using to print from, but this is basically what you’ll need to do:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Acrobat/8.0/Professional/help.html?content=WS58a04a822e3e50102bd615109794195ff-7bd5.html

colinr
    Participant

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately that feature will only work with the Pro version of Acrobat Reader and the open source alternative don’t seem to have that function.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for converting the files to 8.5×11 at all ?

Thanks again.

-Colin.

Chris
    Keymaster

Colin, can you give us some more info as to what software you have access to?

Taylor
    Keymaster

You could also download the free trial of Adobe Illustrator and use it to break the project down for 8.5 x 11 output.

colinr
    Participant

Chris, I’m using osx and have access to photoshop and illustrator.

-I got a good deal on acrobat pro, so once it arrives I’ll install and try you acrobat tip from before.

Taylor, thanks for the idea, I’ll give it a shot too.

Thanks for the replies guys. I’ll update and post the results for anyone who would like them when I get it done.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.