NEW member/ Post up some pics/videos, Please!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

DIYengineer
    Participant

Hello Everyone!

This Thursday I will be ordering everything up! Any one else live in Washington State? “DIYLILCNC” was non existent on you-tube from what i could find. Any chance some of the members could post pictures up of their own personal builds on here? Also any more video of one of these things actually milling in progress?

Thanks a lot, and hope to be a huge help in the forum!

Taylor
    Keymaster

DIYEngineer,

We’re all racing to be the first! Apart from the one video of our pen-plot test, there are no other videos currently available. This is due to the fact that we finished this design just in time for a show in Chicago (which comes down in the beginning of January). Once that happens, we’ll dive back in on benchmarking, documenting, etc.

DIYengineer
    Participant

Oh that makes sense lol. Good luck with the show!

DIYengineer
    Participant

I was previously going to get the parts laser cut out a week ago and then order all the motors, rods, etc. I think now i am going to order all the pieces first so i can model it correctly in Solidworks 09′ and see if i can accommodate a higher power, but still small laminate trimmer in exchange for the Dremel. I hope to have the cash soon (within the next 2-3 weeks) and it will probably take me a few long nights to get a fully working flawless model that accommodates such a laminate trimmer, without modifying the original design to much, while still keeping the original cutting space dimensions. Any one else have any wild plans? Maybe we could network?

Chris
    Keymaster

Just added a new video of milling some extruded polystyrene foam to the gallery page. Check it out!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.