Materials to cut

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gera229 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

oliverar2012
    Participant

Hi, I want to build a CNC machine, and am considering this one, but I want to know if this machine is capable of cutting aluminium, and if to do so it needs any modification?

Thanks

Taylor
    Keymaster

We’ve only tested very thin sheet. If you want to mill blocks, a metal gantry rig is more capable (and more expensive).

gera229
    Participant

From watching youtube videos with wooden CNC machines, I think this machine IS capable of cutting aluminum blocks except without the cooling fluid of course, but I think you can attach a compressor hose and handle in place of a fluid hose and have it blow wherever you cut to keep the tiny particles out of the way and also offer some cooling.

As for the power of these motors and unipolar goes, well if I remember correctly, I read somewhere that Chirs or Taylor said the toolbit will break or the dremel tool with stop spinning far before the 305oz-in stepper motors begin losing steps/stall so therefor I think the 305oz-in stepper motors would have well more than enough power to cut aluminum but correct me if I am wrong.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.