Maker Faire

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Taylor 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Bill
    Participant

I just submitted my application to exhibit my DIYLILCNC at the San Mateo Maker Faire (http://makerfaire.com/), May 22nd and 23rd, 2010. Assuming it’s accepted, and I manage to complete the build, I’ll be showing as a member of TechShop (http://techshop.ws/), who plan to have a building all to themselves. If you’re at the Faire, please stop by and day hello.

Chris
    Keymaster

@Bill, excellent! We’d love to see some pictures if you end up in the faire.

Taylor
    Keymaster

@Bill,

If you are accepted to the show, we’d love it if you could help spread the word about our website. This could be as simple as printing a big URL to display at your table. Alternately, we could also send you a toolpath of said URL to serve as an informative object lesson.

Bill
    Participant

@Taylor, perfect! I hadn’t yet given much thought to what I would demo, but I’d be happy to promote the website. I’ll let you know what happens.

DIYengineer
    Participant

When/Where/What is this maker fair? My brother and i fly for practically free and may have to come check it out!

Bill
    Participant

From the Maker Faire website:

Maker Faire is a two-day, family-friendly event that celebrates the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) mindset. It’s for creative, resourceful people of all ages and backgrounds who like to tinker and love to make things. So much to see, you will need 2 days to see it all!

MrPaul
    Participant

Bill,

My apologies if this is off topic. I am also a member at techshop. I am wondering if you cut the parts on the Helix laser there? Did you have any issues with it? Also I was thinking about using the Baltic Birch plywood too, did that work out? Feel free to contact me here, or via dysphoricpaul at mac dot com

It might be fun to see what you’ve got done so far, if you’re around some time.

Thanx

Bill
    Participant

@MrPaul

I’ll send you an email.

DIYengineer
    Participant

My brother and I will have to fly on down for the event! It sounds like it would be fun!

Bill
    Participant

I just received word that my application has been accepted and I will be exhibiting my DIYLILCNC at the Maker Faire, San Mateo. Now, I just need to finish building it.

Taylor
    Keymaster

Awesome! Now post more pictures already!

Bill
    Participant

Is the offer still good for you guys to send me a tool path of the URL, for my demo at Maker Faire?

Taylor
    Keymaster

Sure thing! Actually, we’ve been working on a little blank business card “magazine”, a spring-loaded contraption that would make it easy to generate little take-away drawings for the demo environment. Alternately, we could also send you an NCD for the CNC to draw a self portrait if you can attach a pen to it. We’ve never quite made a flashy looking logo, but the self portrait has certainly been a hit at shows. Send us your contact info to info@ and we can hash out the details.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.