laser cutting in Western Canada

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kevin 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kevin
    Participant

I just got my parts laser cut by a company in Edmonton called KJ Laser. They were very helpful and the price was not bad – a bit over $400. The cost went up above $500 when the shipping and some other things were added in. This was the best price that I found anywhere locally so if any other Canuks are looking for this in the western part of the country you could give them a call. Here is the contact info:

KJ Laser Ltd.

41 Groveland Rd.

Sherwood Park AB

T8A 3G7

ph: 780.464.5919

fx: 780.449.4810

jim@kjlaser.com

Of course, I still screwed it up. I somehow sent them the modified files intended to be cut on a router. I now have a very nice set of those parts cut on a laser cutter. As far as I know they will still build me a functional DIYLILCNC so I will be proceeding anyway.

Taylor
    Keymaster

@kevin,

We didn’t supervise the CNC conversion ourselves, but there’s no reason why it shouldn’t work (unless the file got borked during the transition). Thanks for posting your research!

kevin
    Participant

I did a quick experiment to check that the parts would be usable. I assembled the case for the electronics and it went together just fine. Everything fit perfectly so I guess there should not be any issues with the rest of the parts.

I will be slowly collecting the rest of the parts over the summer, while I complete some previous projects. I expect to get into the major assembly in the fall when I have more time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.