Help!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Taylor 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Drew
    Participant

I have started building version 2 and I have everything soldered together and built up so I can do my first proof of life. I checked all my setup configurations on linuxCNC and I double checked my hobbycnc board and everything seems right. I run the first test that linuxcnc opens up with and the stepper motor make a sound and the click and bump but nothing moves. I ran another setup config and matched your flicker setup pics exactly with my own base jitter numbers and I can’t figure it out. Please if anyone can help or let me know what I’m doin wrong.

Taylor
    Keymaster

Drew,

Don’t worry! Trouble at this stage is common. You may have wired your stepper motor incorrectly. When the system is powered up, do your motors resist turning? Do the jumper settings on your board match your stepping settings in EMC (half, micro, etc.)?

Drew
    Participant

I figured it out! The hobbycnc EZ driver board has different pin outs than the pro. Thanks for your help. I’m excited to get it goin, now i just have to find a laser cutter that doesnt charge $600.

Taylor
    Keymaster

Great! Check your local hackerspace for cheap laser cutting tips.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.