Dremel 300/395

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Chris
    Keymaster

Those trim routers such as the one Bill links to are a good size, one drawback however is that they do not [all] have variable speeds like the dremel. This can make a big difference depending on what materials you are cutting. For example, the trim router would probably be good for wood, not so much for foam or plastics. Good link!

UPDATE: Sorry, Bill. I didn’t read those specs closely enough! The router you link to does have variable speeds.

Bill
    Participant

The model PVR20EVSK I referenced has variable speed, adjustable from 16,000 RPM to 35,000 RPM. Not quite the same range of 5,000 to 35,000 RPM, that the Dremel has, but still a lot more versatile than single speed.

gera229
    Participant

Have you guys ever tried the Black & Decker RTX rotary tool?

It’s about half the price of the Dremel 4000 and is 2 amps (So I say it’s a pretty powerful rotary tool). Not sure how the reliability compares, but reviews from the walmart website seem to be quite good and same from amazon.

Let me know if anyone has tried or will try it.

Has 3-speed adjustment speeds (12,000, 24,000, and 30,000 rpm).

Is this good enough to cut various different types of material?

Chris
    Keymaster

@gera229, we haven’t tried that model, but there’s some notes about additional cutting tools here. Personally I like the WeCheer flexshaft, but I’d love to hear other opinions too.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.