Dremel 300/395

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Bill
    Participant

Home Depot has the Dremel 300 (replacement for the 395) at a Black Friday, In-store sale price of $44.

amigaman
    Participant

My 300 is too thick in the middle to fit inthe holder.

Bill
    Participant

I’m working on modifying the drawings for the “Middle dremel brace,” “Lower dremel brace,” and “Lower dremel brace cap” to take care of this. I should have it finished this weekend and will upload the files.

Taylor
    Keymaster

@Bill just sent us a file mod which allows kit builders to use the Dremel 300 in exchange for the 395 of the original design. See the gallery section for a picture of his Z sled in action!

amigaman
    Participant

Is this available to download? I would like to try it out.

Bill
    Participant

Just click on the “file mod” link in Taylor’s post.

amigaman
    Participant

What format is an AI file?

Bill
    Participant

Adobe Illustrator

amigaman
    Participant

A little trick I just learned. Every AI file is really a valid PDF, and you can view it just by changing the file extension.

I was able to view the file by changing the extension to .pdf and it worked fine.

amigaman
    Participant

Is this revision file available as a DXF?

DIYengineer
    Participant

Today i purchased the Dremel 300. I have yet to open it but looking closer at what walmart had to offer i saw the dremel 4000 which has a 1.6AMP motor and electronic feedback, compared to the 1.15Amp motor of the 300. Besides slight modification to the Z sled i think it is, does anyone see any reason why not to jump to the larger dremel for 20 bucks more? By the looks in size its the same thickness but 1.5-2″ longer. Let me know i’m tempted!

Chris
    Keymaster

The Dremel 4000 might be a step up from the Dremel 300. Looks like it gets mixed reviews on Amazon.

As far as I can tell, the “electronic feedback” feature is an internal control to keep the spindle speed consistent. This would be a nice feature, since the Dremel 395 that we have will fluctuate in speed if other appliances are drawing power from the same circuit.

This rotary tool from Proxxon looks like it might be a good option as well, and is similarly priced.

DIYengineer
    Participant

I think ill stick with what I have just to take the guess work out of it. My second revision will get crazy once I get the hang of it.

Taylor
    Keymaster

Second revision! That’s what we like to hear.

Bill
    Participant

I just came across the Bosch Colt Palm Router. Looks like a good option if you want/need more power.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.