diylilcnc.org now offers laser cutting!

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Taylor 5 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Taylor
    Keymaster

All,

Thanks so much for your interest and support! diylilcnc.org is now offering laser-cut DIYLILCNC panel kits for sale on a limited basis. Please see the buy link at the top of the page for more info.

chilipepper
    Participant

This is awesome that you are offering this service! I ordered mine yesterday. What will be your normal turnaround time on these? My steppers are getting anxious to have something to play with! Thanks again!

kevin
    Participant

I see that you do not ship to Canada. I have a plan B, which is to cut the parts from mdf on the CNC router at my daughters school. Can you tell me whether anyone has completed a DIYLILCNC from Jacks router layouts? I have downloaded the layouts but I would like to know if there is anything that I should fix prior to cutting.

Thanks

piperpilot
    Participant

In a previous post, you mentioned a 1.03 version being worked on. Is your laser cutting service shipping 1.02 or 1.03? I’d also be interested in the lead time.

chilipepper
    Participant

Just a quick update on the order progress. I ordered my panels on Monday and received a tracking email yesterday (Wednesday) and they are slated to be delivered Friday! Let the fun begin. McMaster parts are here so you can guess what I’ll be doing this weekend!

Taylor
    Keymaster

@chilipepper,

Turnaround is usually one or two days after the Paypal info is received. We’re still a two-man shop, so there’s a chance this could be longer if you happen to catch us out of town. Thanks for posting an update once you received confirmation.

@kevin,

We haven’t fabricated a CNC panel kit ourselves, so proceed with user-submitted files with caution. The main issue will be so-called “bunny ears”, or corner blow-outs that allow for the kerf of a router bit (as opposed to the essentially zero-kerf cut of a laser). We recommend cutting two parts that are intended to mate from @Jack‘s on your setup to test tab/slot relationships.

@piperpilot,

We’re currently shipping 1.02, but there are only two kits left in stock as of 4/28/11. We’ll update to the next version with future cut runs, but these runs will only take place when stock is exhausted. I’d have to check the particulars, but I’m sure the difference between the two is very minor.

markm
    Participant

Received my order last night, all intact. The long box showed evidence of being crunched somewhere by UPS, but the parts inside are undamaged. You might consider packing more components in the long box, and changing the wide box to something not as deep.

Off to start fabbing the metal bits…

kevin
    Participant

thanks Taylor,

I will be blogging my build at http://kevins3dprinter.blogspot.com/

I will document any problems that I encounter and any recommended changes that i come up with.

Taylor
    Keymaster

@markm,

Keep those suggestions coming! We’re definitely interested in reducing part count, which leads to reduced cutting time, shipping cost/potential damage, etc.

@kevin,

Great! I’ll post a link to you.

o2fli
    Participant

Taylor,

I have been reading everything on you site for the last three nights. My wife thinks im obsessed! Just wanted to check and see when you will have some kits ready.

Anxiously waiting.

Glen

Taylor
    Keymaster

Obsession is good! We’ve got some kits in the production pipeline, so you should hear something by the end of the month. Here’s to supportive spouses!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.