DIYLILCNC V2

This topic contains 38 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Chris
    Keymaster

Michael, I have seen this before when using a board other than the HobbyCNC. I think what’s happening is that there’s not enough torque to get the motor & all that’s attached turning.

Make sure that everything is tight mechanically (bearings, belts not too loose/tight, etc) and also double check that your voltage regulation is set correctly on the HobbyCNC board (too little and you won’t get enough torque). You can see how to do this with a multimeter in their documentation.

You could also try lowering the acceleration, though 2i/s seems pretty conservative already.

wild
    Participant

Hello, everyone!

I’m going to make this machine.

I have a question.

In the drawings visible bevel gear made ​​of plastic.

Where did you buy it?

The list of parts is not.

Sincerely, Vitali.

Taylor
    Keymaster

@wild,

Oops! The bevel gear used to be required by the build, but we managed to redesign and exclude that part. No need to order it.

jhammondgo
    Participant

I have a 3-axis HobbyCNC Pro Driver Board Combo w/ (3) 130oz-in Steppers and a 24V 10A Transformer. I found the Bow Power Supply circuit. Has anyone used this unregulated linear power supply?

wild
    Participant

@Taylor

Thanks, I realized that, when assembled unit.

The truth had to calculate the size.

And already buy the gear.

I think I find a use for them. :)

Taylor
    Keymaster

@jhammondgo,

When you buy any HobbyCNC product, you’re automatically eligible to join their Yahoo troubleshooting group. I’d start there, or maybe just write an email to Dave Rigotti at HobbyCNC. You’ll want to note the peak draw for your motors, the average draw, and multiply each by 3 (because sometimes all three are energized at once). Compare this to the datasheet on your power supply. I think voltage fluctuation isn’t as big a deal for steppers, but I don’t understand the reasons well enough to make specific recommendations.

Taylor
    Keymaster

Here’s a new design inspired by the diylilcnc:

IcakNewton
    Participant

When metric version will be done? I want to build the CNC but I have alot problems with inches in EU

Chris
    Keymaster

V2.0 uses metric hardware, and the thickness of the sheet stock doesn’t affect the design (so you could use 12mm plywood).

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.