DIYLILCNC 2.0

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Taylor 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Chris
    Keymaster

We are working on a major design revision to the DIYLILCNC plans!

To help fund our R&D, we’ve started a kickstarter campaign. Please consider contributing if you support what we do with this project.

There are some great rewards for donors: for starters, you can vote on design changes you’d like to see. We’ll even name a part after you!

Please visit our kickstarter page, and tell your friends!

Bill
    Participant

Since you used my name as the example of naming a part, for the $75 pledge, that’s the one I pledged. I’m glad you didn’t use it for one of the larger pledges. ;-)

Chris
    Keymaster

Bill, that’s great! Thanks again for your support.

Taylor and I simultaneously blurted out “Hastings bracket” as soon as we came up with the idea!

Bill
    Participant

There’s a section on the kickstarter page that states:

“Some suggestions are more involved than others. The following upgrades will be added to version 2.0 if they get at least 20 votes:”

How do I vote?

Chris
    Keymaster

To do it through kickstarter, you’d select the $50 pledge level, then specify the improvement you’d like to vote for.

Of course, we’re always taking casual assessments of community input through the forum that don’t require any donation; we just think the voting scheme is a fun way to structure our fundraising.

Chris
    Keymaster

Actually, there’s a topic up already just for suggesting design upgrades:

http://diylilcnc.org/forum/topic/revisions

Diogo
    Participant

The laser-cut part kit is available for Portugal ?

Taylor
    Keymaster

Diogo,

We don’t currently have plans to release in your country, but we may be able to do this in the future. In the meantime, see if you can find a local laser-cutting service or university shop to process our free CAD plans.

Diogo
    Participant

Thanks Taylor, I’m looking for a laser-cutting service near me. I did the download and open it (.dxf) but it seems to missing some parts. Is there any file with the missing parts?

Taylor
    Keymaster

Strange, there shouldn’t be any parts missing. Perhaps you have some hidden layers?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.