Cutting Area

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jimmycakes 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jimmycakes
    Participant

What would you say the final cutting area of the original design is approximately? I’m designing a vacuum bed for my build and I want to make sure all the components are within the cut area to maximize suction. I don’t see any info in the instructions about the final size. I’m sorry if this has been discussed before, but I used the search box for cut area and couldn’t find anything. Thanks for the info. When I finish my vac table design I’ll post it.

Chris
    Keymaster

@jimmycakes, the current design offers about a 12″x12″x2″ (LxWxH) cutting area. Of course, that 2″ height might decrease if you have extra vacuum bed rigging on the table.

Sounds like a fun add-on. Is there a specific material you’re thinking of cutting with the vacuum table? So far, we’ve had really good results with double-sided tape and/or screws to hold down material to the cutting bed.

jimmycakes
    Participant

Hmmmm. I may have to extend my bed then. I was hoping for about 18″ in one of the directions.

I’ll mostly be cutting wood, pvc and possibly etching some brass. Maybe do some PCB board? I like to tool around with guitars and amps, so building custom pickups, jack plates, amp boards etc would be fun and easy to do on the machine. I was also, however, hoping to make guitar necks with it as well. But I’d need a little be more travel. Hmmmmm….

The table I was going to design would have a drop in section for the vacuum table. So there would be a ressess where you could drop a new disposible surface in if you sliced it. It wouldn’t add to height.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.