A few questions before I start building one

This topic contains 87 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  gera229 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author

Taylor
    Keymaster

Sounds like you’ve got a center tapped transformer. I suggest that you hook it up and test its outputs with a multimeter, then label them for future reference. You’re working with wall voltage here, so if you haven’t done this before you should work with a teacher or experienced hacker your first time out.

Chris
    Keymaster

gera222, I would also recommend getting on the HobbyCNC’s Yahoo Groups page (they should have sent you info when you purchased from them). They have some files and directions for building the board, one of which will be useful to you called CNC POWER CIRCUIT. It gives you a diagram of how to wire the board. I am traveling right now but will try to get you a photo of the transformer wiring when I get home.

Chris
    Keymaster

gera222, I would also recommend getting on the HobbyCNC’s Yahoo Groups page (they should have sent you info when you purchased from them). They have some files and directions for building the board, one of which will be useful to you called CNC POWER CIRCUIT. It gives you a diagram of how to wire the board. I am traveling right now but will try to get you a photo of the transformer wiring when I get home.

gera229
    Participant

Ok I found the file.

Thanks.

So I will put the 2 red wires together and the 2 black wires together.

Then I will connect the black to the smaller prong which is “hot” and colored black.

I will connect red to the larger neutral prong which is white in color.

What program did you use to put your CAD files together? I want to use it because AutoCAD just does not work for me because of how you put them together. I saved it from autoCAD as a dxf file then opened it in PyCam.

I can’t even generate G-Code for the electronics enclosure properly. And upon toolpath generation get an error. Followed the youtube tutorial where you show all the software put together and use it, it did not help.

Is it possible to define which side of the line to cut on? For example for a circle I would start from the center so I would cut “inside” of the line, but for a panel, I would cut “outside” of the line.

I really want to know how to do this.

gera229
    Participant

Ok I found the file.

Thanks.

So I will put the 2 red wires together and the 2 black wires together.

Then I will connect the black to the smaller prong which is “hot” and colored black.

I will connect red to the larger neutral prong which is white in color.

What program did you use to put your CAD files together? I want to use it because AutoCAD just does not work for me because of how you put them together. I saved it from autoCAD as a dxf file then opened it in PyCam.

I can’t even generate G-Code for the electronics enclosure properly. And upon toolpath generation get an error. Followed the youtube tutorial where you show all the software put together and use it, it did not help.

Is it possible to define which side of the line to cut on? For example for a circle I would start from the center so I would cut “inside” of the line, but for a panel, I would cut “outside” of the line.

I really want to know how to do this.

gera229
    Participant

I’ve got 2 posts before Taylor’s post with unanswered questions.

I can try to put it all in one and simplify things. Just trying to keep this thread active.

gera229
    Participant

I’ve got 2 posts before Taylor’s post with unanswered questions.

I can try to put it all in one and simplify things. Just trying to keep this thread active.

gera229
    Participant

So I traced the electronics enclosure parts in AutoCAD and now it sort of works.

How do I upload the file here?

Also the electronics enclosure front looks slightly different in the drawing than in this picture:

http://diylilcnc.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/DIYLILCNC.jpg

Why is it like that? Will it still work?

gera229
    Participant

So I traced the electronics enclosure parts in AutoCAD and now it sort of works.

How do I upload the file here?

Also the electronics enclosure front looks slightly different in the drawing than in this picture:

http://diylilcnc.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/DIYLILCNC.jpg

Why is it like that? Will it still work?

Chris
    Keymaster

@gera229, the case in the picture is a slightly earlier version of what’s in the plans for V1.0.2.

You can send files to share as attachments to info at diylilcnc dot org. Thanks!

Chris
    Keymaster

@gera229, the case in the picture is a slightly earlier version of what’s in the plans for V1.0.2.

You can send files to share as attachments to info at diylilcnc dot org. Thanks!

gera229
    Participant

Can you be more specific about attachments?

Do I search that in the url or do I send my attachments to that as an email?

I have a 2D version and a 3D version of the electronics enclosure drawing.

gera229
    Participant

Can you be more specific about attachments?

Do I search that in the url or do I send my attachments to that as an email?

I have a 2D version and a 3D version of the electronics enclosure drawing.

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.