3D Scanning Services?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bmyk
    Participant

Hi everyone,

This may be a little off-topic but I think this is an appropriate community to ask this question within. I am looking for 3D scanning services in NYC or greater area, but not too far as local pickup and delivery are required for the job at hand.

I’ve already contacted LDI/GKS but they don’t seem like they can deliver what I will need (.WIRE or .STL).

Thanks in advance!

Ming
    Participant

If you don’t find a place to do it, you could try the free version of David 3d scanner. It’s more limited then the Pro version (~$430) one but it’d probably work in a pinch.

It outputs to stl, obj, and ply.

Chris
    Keymaster

bmyk, I think it really depends on what kind of resolution you need vs. what your budget is.

There are coarser, cheaper DIY options like the Makerbot scanner or David; low-end commercial scanners like the Nextengine; or commercial services like you could find on the Thomas register or a comparable industry search site that will probably have better capabilities but also be pricier.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.