HobbyCNC Board

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  guerd87 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

amigaman
    Participant

Is the HobbyCNC controller board available already assembled for those of us that are solder challanged? I was quite surprised when mine arived and it was in kit form.

Chris
    Keymaster

@amigaman, as far as I know, those particular boards only come unassembled. I could be wrong, though.

I would recommend contacting Dave at HobbyCNC to ask about pre-assembled boards. He is a nice guy.

That said, constructing the board is not all that hard. You may want to try some practice soldering first, or enlist a buddy with more electronics experience to help.

Chris
    Keymaster

Also, the HobbyCNC Yahoo Group has great, illustrated, step-by-step instructions for assembling the HobbyCNC Pro Chopper driver board.

The Yahoo group is exclusive to customers of HobbyCNC.com. When you place an order with them, you can use your order number to sign up.

amigaman
    Participant

I found a friend to build mine for me. I would have ended up destroying it with my poor soldering skills. I also found a local CNC group that helped me with EMC2. I never would have been able to proceed without these good people.

Taylor
    Keymaster

Very good! Please post pictures. We’ll have a look at documentation revision when we’re done with Maker Faire Detroit.

guerd87
    Participant

http://www.mikebeck.org/cnccontroller1.html

Mike Beck sells assembled kits of the HobbyCNC setup including Power Supply and cables etc. I havnt used them myself before – Just know of them

By the looks of the pictures he supplies the Pro board in the kit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.